- Category: MX Rider Profiles
- Published: Tuesday, 12 November 2013 12:05
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1981
I grew up in Bloubergrise, Cape Town and actively compete in Europe in the German ADAC and Dutch ONK Motocross Championships, focusing on the European UEM 125cc Championship. I compete on behalf of the Bodo Schmidt KTM Racing Team. The purpose of this document is to highlight my achievements to date with a view to representing the Monster Energy brand.
I started competing in January 2001 at the age of 4. I am currently 17 years old and compete internationally in Europe on an international Dutch license with the KNMV. I have a Dutch passport.
PERFORMANCE AND RESULTS
|2003||6-8 years old||1st|
|2007||85cc Small wheel||1st|
|2010||Pro mini Big wheel||1st|
|2011||125cc High School||1st|
- Junior SA National colors received in 2007
- World Championships in Heerde, Netherlands – Aug 2008. #55 youngest entry at 12 Years old, achieving 30th out of 106 entrants.
- Senior SA National colors in 2010
- World Championships in Cingoli, Italy – Aug 2011. #11 achieved 10 overall
- Secured 2011 SA 125cc High School National Championship.
- EUROPEAN EK125CC CHAMPIONSHIP – 10TH overall
- 2nd place overall in Portugal
- 3rd place overall in Fermo
- ADAC 2 STROKE CLASS – 2ND overall
DUTCH ONK 125cc CLASS – COMPETED IN 3 EVENTS (6 HEATS)
(3 X 1ST place, 2 X 2ND place and 1 X 7TH place)
- Halle – 1st
- Mille – 2nd
- ADAC 2 STROKE CLASS – 1st overall
- JUNIOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, CZECH REPUBLIC – 2nd overall
- EUROPEAN EK125CC CHAMPIONSHIP – 3rd overall
- Win in race 2 secures 2nd overall in Jenin, Czech Rep at Junior World Championships
- Podium celebration at Germany GP
SA National champion in:
o 50cc in 2003
o 85cc junior in 2007
o Pro mini class in 2010
o 125cc High School in 2011
Chosen to represent South Africa at the AMU in:
o 2003 - 50cc class in Namibia.
o 2005 - 65cc class in Zambia
o 2009 - Promini class in Namibia.
o 2010 - Promini class in Johannesburg.
o 2011 - Coupe de L’avenir in Belgium
Awarded SA National colours in:
o Junior colours in 2007
o Senior colours in 2010
Attended Junior World Championships in the 125cc class:
o 2011 in Cingoli, Italy – 10th overall.
o 2012 in Sevleivo, Bulgaria – 7th overall.
o 2013 in Jenin, Czech Republic – 2nd overall
PLANS FOR 2014
I will be competing in the full Season in the following MX Championships:
German ADAC Youngster Cup Championship
European EMX250cc Championship
Select Dutch ONK